What we are looking for with Fast Fiction
- We are looking for entertaining, weird, and grimdark short stories that take place in the fictional universe of Warhammer 40,000. Science-fantasy, horror, military, crime, dark comedy, and romance stories are all accepted.
- Stories must have a clear connection to the Fast Fiction theme as told through the environment, characters, or conflict. Subtext is great, but if we can’t see the connection it won’t be chosen.
- Be efficient with your writing as the maximum word count in Fast Fiction is 1,000 words. Economy of language is part of the challenge.
- We prefer original characters with unique personalities. We want to see distinct characters that grow and change through the story.
- Don’t just slap it together. Make sure to review your submission for grammar and spelling.
- Be creative! We appreciate the road less travelled, so take risks and grab our attention with a unique hook.