It'll turn your hair... white?
The Adepta Sororitas are known for their bleach-white hair, but why? This tradition dates back to when Alicia Dominca met the Emperor of Mankind, turning her hair white. Since then, the Order of the Martyred Lady (who are perhaps the best-known Sisters of Battle) follow dye their hair white in honour of their ancient matron.
But it’s a big galaxy, right?
Hair symbolizes strength in many imagined cultures, so to celebrate the release of When All Lights Have Gone Out we are running a Warhammer 40,000 painting challenge.
This contest is a painting challenge for Warhammer 40,000 Adepta Sororitas models. The challenge is to blend the blue, teal, and white colours for the model’s hair in way that identifiably mirrors that of Carla Mack, the voice actress for Abigail Pike.
Here are the rules:
- The hair of the model must be painted in shades of blue, green, and white. How you do it is up to you (brush/airbrush/whatever).
- The rest of the model must be painted and based, but those colour choices are up to you. If you want to do it in lore-appropriate colours, great! If you want to do the whole model with blended tones, also great!
- The painted model must be an official GW model in the Adepta Sororitas line. Metal or plastic.
- Converted models are allowed. Bonus points if it follows any plot elements from When All Lights Have Gone Out.
- To be eligible, you must post on Twitter or Instagram and use the hashtag #coldopenstories. Tagging us is a bonus.
Submissions will close after September 8, 2019. Judges will be Colyn deGraaff (@coldopenstories), Carla Mack (@carla_mack) and a third unannounced Warhammer 40,000 member of the community.