S.O.S. Send Out Screams
Would you be willing to die for the Emperor of Mankind? Are you an unfortunate soul caught by a raiding party of bloodthirsty aliens? Now’s your chance to be annihilated on-air for thousands of others to hear!
In what can only be described as our most unorthodox community-building activity yet, we are launching a 1-week casting call contest for pained yells, panicked rambles, and screams of mercy. Follow the dialogue samples below, or improvise your own!
Deadline for submissions is December 3, 2019 (9pm MST).
Reminder: Your voice is an instrument, and excessive shouting can strain and cause and serious injury. Please be sure to exercise caution when shouting. Additionally, view these resources to help keep your vocal chords in good health and remember to not push yourself to any unhealthy or unsafe levels of strain while recording:
How it works
Please ensure that your microphone is capable of recording your performance without picking up overwhelming background noises or excessive peaking/clipping. There are some great tips on how to do this here and here. Roles may contain swearing and shouting in some capacity at some time or another so if you cannot commit to the needs of a given role please do not audition.
The best advice we can provide is that you shouldn’t feel the need to put on “a voice”. Voice acting starts with good acting – clarity, tone, and range.
- Let’s go, let’s go! | Scramble! Hurry up! | They’re up there! | Look out! | Die Xenos filth!
- [Assorted death screams]
- [Gurgles of being murdered]
- [Screams of pain from torture]
- W-whats going on?! | Emperor protect us! | No, please!
- [Frightened shouts]
- [Yells of being flayed, annihilated, and dismembered]
- Spoken English Accents (e.g. American—Boston, British—Welsh):
- Availability (e.g. turn-around time on recordings: within a day, weekends only, two weeks, etc.):
There is no payment for these roles. Any participation is strictly voluntary and is intended for people who are fans of Warhammer 40,000 and/or the performing arts. Name credits will be provided in the final episode releases.