WRITTEN SUBMISSIONS are currently OPEN for submissions as of May 20th, 2019.
VOICE ACTING SUBMISSIONS are currently OPEN for submissions as of August 5th, 2019.
What we are looking for
COLD OPEN STORIES is a place for authors to share their talents. When it comes to written submissions, we have a few simple requests.
- Story hooks with no fewer than 100 words and no more than 300 words (per submission).
- Script submissions (previously unpublished) between 3,000 and 6,000 words.
- All submissions that are accepted will receive a “Written By…” credit.
- Be open to edits and suggestions: we view all submissions as an invitation to collaborate. Don’t worry, we’re gentle, but please be open to firm and fair criticism. We want to help your work be the best it can be.
- We believe that diversity in fiction in an excellent way to find new voices and stories. We want this to be reflected in our content and welcome submissions from every race, nationality, gender, and sexual orientation.
Copyright and Legal
COLD OPEN STORIES is a site dedicated to short stories, fan-fiction, and a love of the performing arts. All content created herein is done as a not-for-profit and is not intended to infringe upon the property or copyright of other creators or companies. Songs and materials heard in our audio dramas are original and are created under the Creative Commons and Fair Use attribution licenses.